Music, Music, Music & Food!
September 22nd – 30th, 2017
9 Days 8 Nights
This tour will travel through what is known as “The Great American Music Crescent”. We will investigate the music, food, history and unique cultures of Western Tennessee and the Mississippi Delta Country, visiting Nashville, Memphis, Vicksburg, Natchez, Lafayette, Baton Rouge and of course, New Orleans-the Big Easy! Along with the cities, we’ll view the country side between and around them, the hills and valleys, the swamps and bayous and the Mighty Mississippi Delta. You’ll have the opportunity to sample each regions special foods and music along the way.
Cajun, Country, Barbeque, Creole, etc.
- Andrew Jackson’s the Hermitage
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Grand Ole Opry
- Tennessee Delta Heritage Museum
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland
- Vicksburg National Battlefield
- Baton Rouge
- Mississippi River Plantations
- Jean Lafitte National Park
- Bayou Tour
- New Orleans
- French Quarter
- Mississippi River Paddle Boat Cruise
- Journey West Tour Director
- Deluxe Motor Coach Transportation
- Gratuities for all included activities
- Including tour director & driver
- 8 nights lodging
- 8 breakfasts
- 1 lunch-guides choice
- 2 dinners
- 3 light suppers (optional at hotels)
- Airport transfers on day of arrival & departure
- DAY 1 – light supper – Fly into Nashville, Tennessee by noon. We will gather together on our motor coach and head for a lunch stop and tour of Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. This evening, after checking in to our hotel, you can enjoy complimentary cocktails and a light supper while we get to know one another.
- Day 2 – breakfast – Nashville is the home of Country Music and our step on guide will show us the highlights on our half day tour. After lunch, on your own, we visit the Fantastic Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. We are going to the Grand Ole Opry for an evening performance.
- Day 3 – breakfast, light supper – Pack up your bags to travel across Western Tennessee to the home of Rockabilly, the blues and the Mississippi River. Along the way we will make a stop at the Tennessee Delta Heritage Museum. This will be out introduction to the blues, history and agriculture of this area. You can visit the school house where Tina Turner went to school and get an idea of how rock and roll came about. When we arrive in Memphis, we will have a tour before we check in to our hotel. After a busy day, our evening is at leisure.
- Day 4 – breakfast, light supper – This morning we will shake, rattle and roll with a visit to Graceland, home and final resting place of the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley. After lunch, we continue south through cotton and blues country to Vicksburg for our overnight.
- Day 5 – breakfast, dinner – Today we visit one of the most important battlefields of the Civil War. We will have guided tour of the battlefield. We head into Louisiana and visit the Capitol, Baton Rouge. In the mid-1800s, this part of the country was headquarters for many of the great Plantations of the South. We take the River Road past some of the biggest and the best before we arrive at the crown jewel, Nottaway Plantation, our home for the next 2 nights. Your stay will include a tour of the mansion and grounds. We will have dinner, included, in the opulence of bygone days.
- Day 6 – breakfast – Cajun County is our destination today as head for the heart of Acadiana, Lafayette. Living history is laid out in Jean Lafitte National Park and Vermillionville. We’ll learn the difference between Cajuns and Creoles and their music including Zydeco. We also catch a glimpse of the culture of American Indians in this region.
- Day 7 – breakfast, light supper – Near New Orleans is Laura, a Creole Plantation, where we visit the home of Bra’r Rabbit. This is very different than Nottaway. Next we venture out into the Bayou to meet the “Natives”-alligators, egrets, nutria and possibly deer and eagles. Bayou country will be all around us as we head into the Big Easy-New Orleans, for the final two nights of our tour. Evening on your own to find some jazz.
- Day 8 – breakfast, dinner – This morning we take a guided tour of New Orleans. You have the afternoon to explore this amazing city. Your tour guide will help you plan your time if you need assistance. Tonight we will have dinner together to reminisce about our adventures.
- Day 9 – breakfast – Flights home after breakfast, with memories of your JOURNEY WEST!
||Departure or Other Info
||Land Only – Single
||2017 Prices $3,372.00
||Land Only – Double
||2017 Prices $2,603.00
||Land Only – Triple
||2017 Prices $2,349.00
||Land Only – Quad
||2017 Prices $2,221.00
Rates are per person, subject to availability, and may change at any time. Addt’l restrictions may apply. For single rates please contact us or your Boscov’s Agent for a quote.